Monday, December 1, 2008

Leaks Revisited

So today I got up early and waited on a handy-man to arrive. He got under the house and looked at the pipe that was leaking last night. When he got out from under the house he informed me that the piping had never been glued together. The house was put on the lot in 1998...it had been that way for ten years and didn't leak until this past weekend. He got under the house and fixed it and only charged us 25 dollars. Shortly after he left...it broke again. We had water spraying everywhere under our house all over again. I had to go turn off the water again, etc. We called him back and he came and fixed it all over again. This time it stuck...so far :-) It ended up being very simple to fix and didn't take very long, but we couldn't have gotten a deal like that from a plumber. I'm just glad I'm finally be able to take a shower and flush the toilets.

By the way, our handy-man is only 79 years old.

No comments: