Monday, September 14, 2009

Faith Works

This is probably one of the best series of sermons I have ever heard (and he's only to chapter 2 of James). David Platt is an incredible communicator and the church needs to hear the things he is saying. He has called the Church at Brook Hills to meet the needs of the widows and orphans in Shelby county based on James 1:27 "Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." They are responding like I never thought a "mega-church" would. I believe that God is really going to use Platt's ministry to transform the Birmingham metro area.

5 comments:

Bobby said...

I like your blog! David Platt is scaring me with the radical gospel he preaches! We all need to pray for that church. And pray for the message of reformation David is preaching. I've been challenged by the messages!

Zach & Jessica said...

Thsnks Bobby! He scares me too, but only because it forces me too look at my life under the microscope of scripture and the result is not always pleasant.

Bobby said...

absolutely!

Dave Baker said...

Downloading now. Thanks for the recommendation. :) I need to just listen to all of Platt's stuff. Seriously.

Dave Baker said...

Zach! Blog more!